Friday, December 9, 2011

Windows, Water and Wind


Although the weather wasn't conducive to roofing, Don was able to set some windows this week. This will allow us some much needed light inside the cabin.






The good news is our property has good water on it. The bad news is we currently have a lot of water right now.




Buttermilk Creek

The few lone grommets succumbed to the winds this week, resulting in the final demise of our blue tarp.




This will eventually be a pretty view of our property out the back of the cabin (sans the trash pile, dog houses and the old homestead).


4 comments:

  1. I love your devotion to your new home and I wished I lived up the road. I would so be helping you. I think your determination and commitment to your dream is amazing. I am anxious to see you sitting on that deck enjoying a cup of cocoa. How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking really nice! Just remember if all that water was snow how bad it would be...:) Are you ripping down the old home? Maybe you'll find some usable timber in the old place or at least some good firewood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't looked at your blog for aaa while and am stunned at the progress you've made. At the very least you will be out of the wind this Winter. Congratulations on your stamina and determination and courage! Mahala

    ReplyDelete